As South Africa get awarded 9 slots into the Mirror World Championships every two years, the selection for the team of 9 who will officially represent IMCASA will be as follows:
- Selections will be made approximately 6 months prior to the bi-annual Mirror World Championships. The effective date will be either end of June or end of December in the approximate 6 months before the Worlds.
- The 1st 9 (nine) places will be based on the current rankings.
- To be eligible participants must have sailed at least one Regional regatta.
- Discretionary places will be determined by the Selection Committee and may be offered to sailors who:
o Due to exceptional circumstances fail to achieve automatic selection
o Performance achieved generally in regattas
o Age and potential
o Attitude and behaviour
o Goals and aspirations
o Other factors the selection committee considers appropriate.
- The Selection Committee shall comprise of all the current committee members of the International Mirror Class Association of South Africa (IMCASA).
- There will be no appeals against the selection criteria and / or the decision of the Selectors.
While the above criteria are for officially representing IMCASA at the Mirror Worlds, anybody may enter the Mirror Worlds provided the organisers consent thereto.
IMCASA's policies and procedures are subject to change from time to time.
IMCASA reserves the right to amend, supplement and / or discontinue at its absolute discretion, for whatever reason, any of its policies and procedures.
IMCASA always strives to adopt policies and procedures that it believes are best for the whole of the Mirror Class of South Africa.
The Mirror Worlds 2015 selections will be made towards the end of June 2014.